We know that in these uncertain times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, many families are concerned about coming to the doctor's office. We understand these concerns and are instituting many measures to protect the health of our patients and staff.
- As we have always done- rooms are cleaned thoroughly between patients.
- Staff are screened for symptoms daily and are wearing masks.
- We are encouraging families to limit the number of people in the office by asking that they come in only with the patient and parents or guardians, if possible.
- We are also encouraging parents and children over the age of 2 years to wear masks to the office- if they do not have masks we will supply them one to wear.
- We have a separate entrance and rooms designated specifically for ill patients. We are asking ill patients to remain in the car until a room is available and are placing them directly into an exam room without waiting in the lobby.
Tele Health Visits
Another option being made available to us during this Pandemic is utilizing Tele health visits. These allow your physician to visit with you by a video call. We can address issues regarding development, nutrition, behavior, etc during these visits. We may also be able to address some physical concerns as well - such as rashes, pink eye, cuts, etc- although there may be some physical concerns that we may need to actually see the patient in the office to address. If you are interested in doing this type of visit please call the office and let the front office staff know that you want to schedule a Tele health visit.
Although the COVID-19 illness is serious and we do need to take precautions to protect ourselves and our children, as of this time there is no vaccine to prevent this illness. However, there are many other infectious diseases which could be life threatening for children which we CAN prevent by making sure they are up to date on their shots. If you have an infant or young child - please keep them on track for their well visits so they can get all the needed vaccines to keep them safe and protected from these dangerous viruses and bacteria. If you are uncertain whether your child is due a well visit or immunizations- please call the office and we will be happy to check your child's records and schedule them for a visit if needed.
Another very valuable tool available to our patients is the Patient Portal provided by Follow My Health. This allows you to access your child's account to request visits, send non urgent messages and access immunization records, visit summaries, sports clearance forms and other forms which you may need. If you are interested in the Patient Portal- please call the office and we will send you an e-mail with an invitation to set up an account for you child.